View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 22:09   Link #30472
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
So from what I can understand of the last novel, there's no actual solution to the murders... I don't know if the Battler-family theory was supposed to be the answer and Ange didn't want to believe it (And Battler didn't want her to know, just let her keep living in denial and believe what she wants) since it wasn't confirmed. Was this the point of story? It doesn't confirm or deny any theory so fans can keep discussing it?
This was Ryukishi's intention, yes. He also seems to be trying to make some point that people making a game out of trying to find the truth behind a crime is somehow immortal or wrong.

Quote:
All this meta-world and meta-meta-world stuff is very confusing. I don't know what's "real" and which are just someone's delusions.
The Meta-World is up to interpretation. There seem to be stories written by 'Beatrice' and Tohya that correspond to the Gameboards of Episode 1-6 atleast, but they don't seem to 100% match up to the actual episodes; they sure as much don't contain the Meta-World as "written scenes." Whether the Meta-World is in people's minds, a real dimension, or a metaphysical metaphor is up to you.

However, if you choose to believe it's in people's minds, it seems the majority of the Meta-World is Tohya remembering things and writing stories based on what he can recall, and EP8 would be Ange's mind and her weighing what she really wanted and stuff. EP7...uh, I don't know, Will is a random Witch Hunter fan who's not an asshole goat?

Quote:
Like Yasu creating Kanon, Shannon, Beatrice. So in the "real" world s/he was just playing different roles at the same time? Were their relationships with George and Jessica "real" or was it just part of one of the game's fake realities? I can't imagine how they wouldn't know they were just Yasu playing different roles. I mean Jessica lives in the same mansion as Yasu.

And the 18 people during the incident is only actually 17 people then?
Basically. I think we can take from EP7 that the Jessica/George romances were real though, given their significance to Yasu's motivations and emotional problems. But in any case, yes, Shannon and Kanon are not real people.

Quote:
Kanon doesn't exist, it never existed. I know, Kanon is just a Yasu character, but I mean in pre-1986 Rokkenjima. Kanon was just a thing Jessica and Yasu made up.
A very valid theory! It has, however, been brought up in this thread before! Your reasoning works out, and even if someone else beat you to it, you came to it on your own, so it's still an accomplishment.

I, personally, don't agree with the theory, but I also have nothing wrong with it.