Thread: Souten Kouro
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 01:48   Link #79
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

*dons necromancer robes*

So, like...

Once upon a time, I read this manga in another language. I thought it was the most muthafakkin' awesome shiitz ever (at least before I discovered The Ravages of Time), but I had no idea what title it had in English or even whether it was originally Japanese or Chinese, given that it was a comic about Cao Cao and he is known by all (Asians) under Heaven.

I finally discovered it again by chance...and also found out that it has a surprisingly recent anime. With a pitiful, neglected 4-page thread on Animesuki. This one.

My questions, therefore, to the very few who had the fortune to watch this thing: first, how far does the anime go? Obviously at 26 episodes it's not going to reach the end of the manga or the ROTK story, but I do wish to know where it stops. Don't be afraid to spoil: I've been through ROTK in its many, many iterations.

Second, how good is this anime? Technically speaking, I mean. How well it adapted the source material, if you know; how much budget got thrown at it to make the decapitations and general warmongering shine; production values, pacing, presence, all that stuff. Is it worth my time downloading this?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote