View Single Post
Old 2007-01-20, 16:02   Link #108
G005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX2501 View Post
w00t i got my AIR today and ran to my PS3 to start playing, I haven't seen the DVD version so I can really do a comparison but what is this compression issue on it, did they do it bad so they used lots of DVD's or does the image look jaggy? because this is what was on my PS3, the images were horrendously jaggy indicating the PS3 has no AA for Blu-Ray or Pony Canyon sucks but everything else: the color and the sound are really good.
The DVDs suffer from poor compression, resulting in occasional mosquito noise and blocking. Colors were also quite dull. And yeah, Pony Canyon has a poor track record when it comes to DVD encoding.

The upconverted Blu-Ray release suffers from aliasing, but boasts much improved compression. Fortunately, consumers seem happy enough with it, and it's probably the best retail release we'll get unless Pony Canyon remasters the DVDs (probably unlikely) or launches another HD version in the future.

On a related note, I'm hearing wonderful things about the new Kanon DVD, so it seems that the company has finally begun improving their product quality.