View Single Post
Old 2004-06-30, 08:32   Link #48
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I can't seem to remember what episode it was or if it was even in the manga to begin with, but remember when they showed a flashback when the 3rd was a child and the 1st and 2nd hokage were talking to him and said you will be called Sarutobi for now on?

Edit: OOPS!! Sorry for the post, totally off base. I was thinking about episode 73 when the 1st and 2nd were talking to the 3rd on a cliff and said from tomorrow, you will become hokage. They called him Saru there as well as that nickname. That's scene is also in manga chapter 123. The 3rd looked really young in that flashback I don't think two hokage elders would call a kid by his last name like that. So I'm also guessing that Saru is his first name as well. But it's still uncanny out of all the names to use in the world to have two of the same names spelled exactly the same. So I can see where the person who started this thread was coming from. What's funny though, and this may just be because of artist similarities in drawings. We all know that a lot of characters in Naruto resemble each other even if they aren't related in the series. But if someone were to do a pic of Younger 3rd Hokage, Asuma, and Konohamaru side by side, it would be interesting to see the similaries as far as hair style and body stature.

Last edited by tramadrama; 2004-06-30 at 08:56.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote