Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 07:07   Link #202
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Heh so Mutta has an ally in the approval committee in episode 6. So even in their youth someone has already seen the youthful spirit and drive the brothers show, and even then had the belief that these two were the type of people who were practically destined to become astronauts. More than that he also saw the older brother mentality that Mutta possesses and how he still maintains that belief even into adulthood.

He may be biased towards Mutta to some extent, but it's because he's seen him as a kid and saw in him the potential to wear a spacesuit. As his former coworkers say, their boss is an insufferable asshole, so it was great of the committee guy to investigate Mutta's reasons for dismissal and learn the truth.

What I think really shines through in this show so far is that, to some extent, the only one who doesn't possess the required confidence that Mutta will succeed is Mutta himself. His family, his former coworkers and even that approval guy have more faith in his capacity than Mutta does in himself. In my age I find this a rather ironic truth, that oftentimes the individual believes less in himself compared to the way others believe in them, when it really should be the other way around.

All this time his brother, his family and even that committee guy have been waiting for the chance to give him the push and support needed to achieve his dream. I think it's time for Mutta to realize this.

Believe in them who believe in you, as Kamina would say.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote