View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 21:02   Link #197
BashZeStampeedo

Go ahead.. walls of text are fine for a lot of us, I'm sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas Gray View Post
She is a character of contradiction whilst Lawrence is a character of consistency.
Interesting, I find her to be a very consistent character. She always hides her true feelings, is always proud, has very strong emotions she bottles up, and has very serious trust issues.

Quote:
Why should she choose a male that will die in short? There isn't a way to be sure for her if Lawrence could grant her the happiness of motherhood.
It's philosophized that romantic love is something that isn't eternal, even for those who might live eternally. Longevity may not be an issue; for all we know she's fallen out of love with other eternal beings.

I suspect she watched Lawrence for quite a while before she chose him. She isn't a very spontaneous person (except when it comes to food). She tends to go with the flow and rely on Lawrence for entertainment.

Quote:
When she became somewhat of a bystander in some regards to Lawrence life. She left Lawrence alone to think.
I'm not sure if that was really her motivation.. Lawrence asked her to let him act on his own, and she let him because she knew how badly it might end if she didn't. He sent Amati to play with her, so she probably didn't have that much of a chance to sit alone and think. And after that, I suspect that her trust issues were surfacing and that she was (maybe subconsciously) testing Lawrence.

Quote:
she actually can't control her inner feelings in regards to Lawrence.
She has trouble controlling her inner feelings in general. When Lawrence slapped her hand, she spent hours getting angrier and angrier about it (even though she knew better). When she read about Yoitsu, she spent hours crying, then blew up at him (though she knew better). She hides her true feelings so far down that they can only come out explosively.

She has serious trust issues. She can't just truly expose her deepest feelings to other people, and she even has to trick other people into revealing their own true feelings, rather than just naturally finding out.

Quote:
Her somewhat tentative ways of treating him and his dishonesty of his feelings for her are but two of many facts of this.

Lawrence has been learning from her how to play 'the game' with her, to hide his feelings or how to dress them in a unexpected manner, also the fact is that he's hiding his feelings naturally as a part of his character.
Exactly. She makes it difficult for him to be honest, because he doesn't want to burden her, and because she's trained him to be dishonest.. she's turned it into a competition, and makes him feel like an idiot when he's showing any signs of jealousy or being covetous.

Quote:
Actually if she could had been blunt with her feelings with Lawrence she might avoided this painful experience at the inn.
Of course. She had plenty of opportunities to stop all of that. But because of her deep trust issues, and maybe being worried that he would think that she didn't quite trust him, she let "the game" go on until she nearly lost him.

I don't think it was a matter of embarrassment, because she willingly embarrassed herself in front of Diana. She's more afraid of being completely honest than of losing Lawrence (she even tries to leave him before he falls for her completely).

Quote:
For me she have never been close to pathetic in the second season
Depends on which definition of pathetic you're talking about, but it's easy to find both of their actions and dishonesty contemptible and pitiable, even if you sympathize with why they're being that way. You can understand and agree with it, but it can still be pathetic
BashZeStampeedo is offline   Reply With Quote