View Single Post
Old 2009-10-18, 01:57   Link #74
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Nothing made me think that you are religious. English is a very inconvenient language when it comes to "you", make that "you can ever" . That said, at least we agree on one thing ^^

Of course there will always be prejudice, but can people make that hypothetical prejudice, that they themselves can change, a reason why gay people shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids? My point is, that there is absolutely no valid argument against gay couples who want to adopt a child, that society could use to prevent them that. Absolutely none..If anyone can name one argument, that wouldn't normally apply to hetero or single parents too, speak up now. I'm curious. I see what you are trying to say though, yes, indeed, most kids/families can never see a gay couple and thus don't feel the need to talk about it to their children. But do all boys and girls learn about Africa in school too, although most of them will never go there? That's why I mentioned how much important it is for parents and schools to educate children about all kinds of social matters, so the kids will know how to act to what you call "different".Foundations for life, so to speak, and homosexuality is just one of them.

@Zu_Ra
I believe I started the "Social Environments and their effects on Children's behavior". Because in essence its all connected. We we talking about how children from homosexual pairings would be bullied because of it. And I think we established that, the behavior of children is directly linked from their home environment and the environment of other homes. Basically, if parents accept homosexuality, it will brush onto their kids too, so no innocent children (at least not more than for other things kids usually bully for)can be bullied because of the nature of their parents. And this will happen..someday in the near future I hope.
People can come up with arguments against gay couples adopting children, but not without giving the impression of being heavily discriminant toward gay people, or lesbian. They wouldn't be able to come with a legitimate reason for not allowing gay couples in general to adopt any children. You're right about another thing. Parents will hardly ever talk to their kids about gay people unless they actually see one, which is relatively seldom to begin with. Because there's no need, there's no prejudice being passed down.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote