View Single Post
Old 2008-09-18, 22:13   Link #297
Haninozuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Don't you think it's just a huge cliche that she has to "snap" out of anything at all? Yeah, she'll probably come around somehow, but it's still essentionally having to be rescued again. She came to the Vajra homeworld for a purpose, and she's not even going to get a chance to try to fullfill it. She got to sing "Aimo" once, and stopped the sentries for a little bit, before things went awry, and then she got kidnapped again, and now Grace is just blantantly using her somehow.

Ranka was supposed to get something out of this, but she ended up just being a tool and damsel in distress one last time.

I have to agree with you. I had such high hopes that Ranka would do something good when she went with Brera to find the Vajra homeworld. Something that would benefit both Vajra and humans, that would show she had matured without needing to cling to Alto.

But her mission now just seems pointless and the way she got so easily manipulated by Grace just frustrates me greatly. But I guess something will snap her out of her puppet strings and rescue her (again) next week. With Alto out of the battle, probably it's now up to Ozma and the SMS to save the day. :/