View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 14:07   Link #103
kraken

Quote:
Nope, the original Shining Force is not connect to the Tony Shining games.
They are connected. Shining blade take place in Klantol, the realm of Shining soul 2 (and Shining soul and soul are in Rune), Klantol was also mentionned in Tears.

The ancients, Dark dragon are also element from the Original series (the design of Kiriya's armor in blade is an easter egg related to the armor of Kane from the original Shining force)

So the ancestor of Rage could be Max or even the ancient King who beat Dark dragon 1000 years before him (Max was an ancient but the ancients fought Dark Dragon 1000 years before him).

Maxima, the name given of the leader of the Shining force is also related to the old game, I think.
I have read a comment on a gamefaqs forum who said that Shining Hearts artbook said Maxima means "Max of now"

If it's true the relation between the games are clear, Maxima is a name given to the leader of the shining force in honor of Max who beat Dark Dragon with the Shining force 1000 years before Shining blade
It's said that chaos breaker, the sword of Max (later renamed, Force sword and Shining sword so it could be the Shining blade)

Quote:
Sleipnir is a new character.

And no, we have no explanation on why others are missing.
I have read that Sleipnir, Slut, Alberich and another of the bad guy(the whinny guy) are from Shining Wind X, a tactical RPG for mobile where Elmina appeared the first time.
This game told the adventure of the Weiss Ritter after Wind, maybe it's explain what happen to Soma and Mao (maybe they died).

A remake of this game on console would be cool

Quote:
But beating the game with a lv.25 team? You didn't do any side missions?
only few of them, the side quest about the chara of my team and those given by PNJ sometimes.
But buy any sidequest from the questshop.

The game is much more enjoyable with some difficult fights and I can do all the sidequest during the chapter 10(the Final boss I talk is Dark dragon).

Quote:
I was level 32-33 throughout my party when I picked up Kanon and co
Ah, ok, I was 17-19 at this time.
kraken is offline   Reply With Quote