View Single Post
Old 2013-04-07, 16:35   Link #4046
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
No, I've always seen Tatsuya's goal as not trying to get out of the master clan influence but to make the whole master clan system unneeded since the whole reason they exist is because large portions of the society sees mages only as weapons of war and they have very limited human rights. As unpleasant as many see the Yotsuba, remember they only exist because the government ordered them to experiment on themselves to make them into living weapons and they are the ones that didn't die.
I am not entierly in agreement, to me Tatsuya sees the logic behind the weaponization of mages, it's just that he wants another life, i dont think he's looking to unmade the ten master clan system, just creating another path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
It was mentioned that the fact that the Itsuwa was in the 10 Masters Clan was greatly effected by how they had (past tense) the only strategic class magician in Japan. Tatsuya's magic is significantly more destructive and versatile in essentially every way. If Tatsuya decided (for some reason or another) to create his own clan, I'm pretty sure he can easily get into the top 10s ranking with just his Decomposition magic alone, not even counting his Elemental Sight and Regeneration.
True but what i argued was that at the end you will need Tatsuya cooperation, not just his mere presence as Rava wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
If you have ever played Civilization (the first one) and run up against civilizations that start off negotiations with "OUR WORDS ARE BACKED BY NUCLEAR WEAPONS," that is exactly the effect Tatsuya will be able to give to any house he is in.

Whether Tatsuya himself is willing or not is totally irrelevant. His mere association will send the scales crashing in favor of whatever family he is associated with. Maya calls him a monster for very good reasons.