View Single Post
Old 2006-11-25, 22:42   Link #1007
taichikun14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
As a dedicated Kids Mealer with a slight preference for Flag, I've got to say that I'm not pleased about the complete lack of development in Harima. And the more time is wasted with Harima keeping his hardwired lock on Tenma without at least developing _doubts_ regardless of the efforts of the other girls, the more I dread either an infinite no-progress open ending or the worst of all worlds: The true path.
Well...Harima had SOME development. The Christmas chapter, for example, when he did a little self-reflection... thinking about his past and his future...and in a way, deciding between his career and tenma... that was some kind of development, right? and he's sorta developed doubts about tenma in the past, like when he tried to forget about his feelings for her after finding out she likes karasuma.

but i agree with you about the fear of how the manga will end. if after all this time and hundreds of chapters, the manga had a no-progress open ending, i'll probably have to lay off manga/anime for a while... i'll be too angry at how much time i spent and hopes i had for SR.

i'll feel the same way if SR ends up a True Odou ending. that would be the worst because all the other SR pairings have put so much more effort into their relationships (all the crap harima's gone through for tenma, eri for harima, etc.), while karasuma and tenma only interact like every 20 chapters!! it would be a huge disappointment if everyone's efforts to be with their special person shows no results while tenma/karasuma get together (who both haven't spent much time together nor put out half as much effort to be together as the others have). i'm a HUGE harimaxtenma fan...but i would even go so far as to say i'd REALLY prefer a flag or onigiri ending over true odou.
taichikun14 is offline   Reply With Quote