View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 09:36   Link #60
wao
OK.

Eh, given the distinctly female-aiming nature of doroku recently, I will totally not be surprised if this is aimed at getting female fans as well. Even if you say FMP was a strictly shounen show I would beg to differ, it had a HELL of a lot of female fans too I think.

Meh about Kouga Yun though, I can clearly see the Yoshida influences in the animated designs but I'd have much rather they left it to Yoshida alone. I'm not going to get hooked up over this yet anyway. I agree with Nightengale about the whole idea that just because it's got pretty guys doesn't mean it's bad (it's pandering and entertainment - SO WHAT? It's been like that from the start, you must be living under some rock to not have noticed it!) I don't think ti's such a big deal any more.

If anything like duckroll says I'll keep an eye on it (AFTER my exams) for any good animation and stuff that Yoshida + Mizushima could bring in. If we get the dudes that appeared in FMA, then I'll be happy, but when's the last time Yutaka Nakamura took part in a Sunrise series? I know he was in Escaflowne and Gainer, but anything after that? (bad memory here...)

EDIT: And the scriptwriter.. well anythign is better than Morosawa I guess I'm not convinced he's super awesome but I did like Ryvius very much, although I don't know if that's more to do with Taniguchi or Kuroda

EDIT2: How popular is Kouga Yun anyway, actually? I get more of a doujin-BL sort of vibe from her, something you wouldn't usually see in public so much (barring latenight things like Loveless) but then again the guy who did the Seirei no Moribito designs (8ish on N-bloody-HK of all things) was apparently an ero-mangaka so huh. I'm prolly just talking out of my posterior here though.