View Single Post
Old 2010-06-27, 23:36   Link #258
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
But outside of the last episode, I can't think of many examples at all where School Days uses empty shock value. I think people make this show to be a lot dumber than it really is... I thought a lot of care was taken to balancing things so that the characters could be morons or jerks but still remain in-character and have believable reasons for acting in such a way, and I was also impressed with the very measured, gradual rate at which the characters lost themselves and changed from their beginning series selves to their end. Sometimes it seems like people think the School Days cast is stupid enough to break suspension of disbelief simply because they're not perfect, the same way anyone that shows any emotion or frustration in response to problems is emo, angsty, and annoying. (I'm mostly defending the first ten episodes here, I agree that the finale is over the top and so's 11 in parts.)
Yea, I would say there's nothing too shocking about the most of the show too but I would be referring strictly to the ending. But my dislike of the series really hasn't to do with people acting stupid or anything like that =It's perfectly natural for their judgement to be swayed with matters of love and hormones rather I simply didn't emphasize with them, thus I didn't care for them even though I really should have.

I mean I don't like this series at all, but I wouldn't call it unrealistic. In fact the show is well aware that the typical idea of a male being surrounded by tons of love of interests with only concern for himself is gonna hurt people. And the outcome isn't gonna be nice no matter what happens. So yes, it accomplished something different. I just don't care for how they did it.

edit: Well, I liked the uniforms though, so it wasn't a total loss.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2010-06-27 at 23:48.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote