View Single Post
Old 2010-05-02, 01:51   Link #1121
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The author did have to take down her web site because she was pummeled with comments and even had a death threat after Shou got that hickey. People get attached the characters, although otaku seem to be extreme no matter what.
Lets not forget Kannagi too. After the knowledge that the moe (I stress moe here) Nagi had an ex-boyfriend otakus went to rage (remember that they react harder to moe's) which resulted in some tearing up and burning Kannagis' manga's volumes. Mysteriously authors health condition suddenly worsened a lot and manga went on hiatus, and despite that the operation happened a while ago it is still unknown when the manga will be pushed out of hiatus (which does imply that the issue was not just the authors sickness alone but rather the depression over suddenly increased hatred towards her which she could not cope with).

Also that is that game which name I always forget (just that it was fantasy rpg game) where it is implied that there was a relationship between main heroine and some other male character when they talked with each other. It was especially funny because the issue of rage was so strong that the company had to create a special message on their web that nothing really happened between the heroine and said guy, but since it did not work (reflected in their sales) they even had to create a patch where it is corrected and once again stressed that the heroine did not have an ex who was connected with her sexually in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I honestly think people are playing favorite. Yuki could go sleep with Tooru and she'd still be forgiven by her fans.
I really don't think so. But it would be funny to see author do that, because she would be self-destructing herself. She already is bitching about the stress she gets already, so I doubt that will happen though there may be some rage increase depending on how Yuki's past is played.

Plus on this board I got an impression that more poeple are rooting for Risa rather than Yuki anyway. And for a good reason - she is pretty much only main girl who hasn't wiped her ass off with Utsu's heart so far.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-05-02 at 02:03.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote