Thread: Crunchyroll Witchcraft Works [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-25, 01:21   Link #860
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by icbm3747 View Post
In the end, I'd say this show ended up nailing whatever the target audience was looking for and maybe it just really isn't a thing for the west.
I think otherwise, but TJR comment (male lead is a wuss) confirms what I have already known, a vocal group will bash our male lead character even after the last episode, Why? Because they can forgive (i.e.) a hero in drag (i.e. Ayumu from KoreZom) but they cannot forgive a male lead that is NOT a hero, which is the simple reality, this is no shounen series where our male lead sucks for several episodes, then he is cool hero material in one episode, then he continues to suck so more, has another cool moment an so on. Kagari IS the hero of this series, plain and simple. That is the reason I think the series IS popular in the west, but you will not get many people to say (even in anonymous forums like these, you have a "net personality" to protect) out loud they like a series where the male lead is princess carried (physically or metaphotically) every episode by our female lead since the knee kerk reaction of the vocal majority is "are you gay?". Sadly I cannot prove it since the sales numbers of any disc release outside japan will not be published.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote