View Single Post
Old 2008-06-13, 08:00   Link #677
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
What's the average distance students live from the school they attend? I would hate walking over two miles to school every morning, especially in the winter, but I'm fine walking home from school in the afternoon year round.
I could not find a good material for that. This is a map and statistics of public schools in Chigasaki. The pink borders indicate every elementary school's area, blues do junior high-school's. The table under the map shows (from left to right in each row) the average time, the longest time, the average distance and the longest distance for children to commute to the school. The last row tells that the average time and distance for all children are 15.2 minutes and 0.78 km respectively.

Note that Chigasaki is not so urban, but not so rural -- a typical satellite city of Yokohama and Kawasaki. I cannot judge if the numbers above can be applied to the whole country. If it comes to the case of less dense areas outside Keihin megalopolis, I believe the numbers surely increase much more.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote