View Single Post
Old 2010-11-15, 01:50   Link #140
Neovoid

I'd go with the M14, I get the feeling that modern day scouts tend to prefer 7.62mm over the 5.56mm which is more suited for a shocktrooper. COD: Black Ops version gave us the semi-automatic M14 with a wooden pistol grip and even let us attach a M203 grenade launcher. It's almost like giving the semi-automatic M1 Garand a 20 round magazine and an under barrel launcher that can fire 40mm grenades instead rifle grenades. Sadly, Warlord wouldn't allow us to add an ACOG Scope or IR Scope with the launcher.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 also gave us new advance tier classes and new abilities they have. For example, Scout Elites don't get the grenade launcher attachment, but they have the highest movement. In Black Ops, that translates M14 with ACOG Scope and Grip or Suppressor with Lightweight Pro, Warlord Pro, and Marathon Pro.

I also like the attention to detail Treyarch did with the 1 tier perks in relation what your character looks like.

Lightweight: Scout Class
Scavenger: Engineer Class (character model carries the most equipment)
Ghost: Sniper Class
Flak Jacket: Lancer Class (extra protection against explosion and shrapnel)
Hardline: Shocktrooper Class (they look like assault troops with helmets and ballistic vests?)