View Single Post
Old 2011-01-21, 14:09   Link #1961
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Found something written by you (Kaito-kid), and that is the ultimate proof that GSD is not successful since you brush aside everything I come up with and stick with your viewership=success formula.
You still haven't proven anything. You continue to base your argument on your own assumptions and try to sell them as facts.

TV ratings/Sales/Popularity=Success is a formula used by the entertainment industry around the world. I didn't invent it.

Quote:
Fukuda is not involved in any anime production since GSD. If he is so successful in GSD, then like you said, he would have his hands full with new anime production. He is not involved in any new anime production is the proof you need that GSD is not successful. (See the logic: GSD is successful: Fukuda have his hands full with new anime\ ?????: Fukuda do not have his hands full with new anime. What is ????? stands for?)
And you continue to assume things and present them as arguments.. As I said in the post you quoted, I don't know why he didn't make more Anime and neither do you. maybe he had issues in his personal life, maybe he had some trouble with the studio, or maybe his reason is a very simple one, like: "I don't feel like doing another one, cos I'm busy swimming in my huge pile of cash"

I don't have much to say about your "Fukuda failed so GSD is a fail" argument..
Saying that Fukuda failed because he didn't do another Anime and then even claiming that Destiny failed because he didn't do more projects is something that my Logic-O-Meter™ can't digest.

Quote:
GS is a success, GSD is not. I think I make myself very clear in my last post. People watch GSD because of the success of GS. To measure success of GSD, viewership is only one of the elements. Other elements include amount of sequels
Other 'elements' like DVD sales? Higher poll ranking? better music sales? ..Destiny did better then SEED (and most other Gundam series) in all of all of these categories..

Quote:
company policy and directions (they abandon GSverse and go into G00)...etc. All of that indicate GSD is not as successful as Sunrise would like.
And now they seem to be moving away from 00.. So by your logic, 00 is a flop.. I'm sorry but this is just pure lolz

Quote:
Tons of shit shows and shit characters top the charts in Japan. That's not helping your argument any.
No it's helping my argument plenty. They are on the charts because they are Popular. The fact that you think those characters are shit doesn't make any difference.

Quote:
Destiny was successful with general audiences at the time, but did not go over well with most Gundam fans; aside from the years of mostly negative backlash to GSD
The whole 'Gundma fans are more important than general audiences' is bullshit to begin with. But apparently the 'Gundam fans hate CE' argument is also bullshit.. Mr. brightman recently posted a Demographic breakdown that shows that Seed AND Destiny did better than something like 00 among most age groups, even the older Gundam fans.

Quote:
there's also the fact that most GSD Gunpla is still collecting dust on store shelves. So for Gundam fans--the audience that actually matters
Source?
This actually might be true, but I'm not sure..

Quote:
GSD was not a success. And that's why Bandai/Sunrise, while not cancelling the SEED movie, are in no rush to release it either.
Yeah.... that's what a big studio like Sunrise dose to a failed series.. Give it a damn movie and patiently wait while the director is probably busy drinking kool-aid..