View Single Post
Old 2006-10-26, 14:32   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

irie was murdrer only at tatarigoroshi-hen if i'm not mistaken. (edited XD)

the whole "queen thing" is not needed but take part of Dr Takano researchs and theory. in fact, the point isn't important at all... except for takano, who is completely nuts and devoted to her grandfather.

also, the difference between the syndrome and a "regular riot" would be the pathogen itself : the government didn't fear the hinamizawa people (they didn't act at all while there was the dam war. but takano's group had to do some countermeasure against the project, otherwise the research would be a waste.) but it would be a huge scandal and chaos if they would let loose some crazed case like this.

in fact, as far as i could see with takano status, they are not aware about some existant grudge or whatever. (this doesn't have any sense they would give such important matter for this kind of person).

though we don't know how far she is mad, even irie and tomitake who are always with her, didn't notice her madness (they would be suspicious in some moments i guess... until tomitake discovered the truth and get killed under the L5)...
after all, takano is kinda... skilled for manipulating people (keiichi, shion and rena were like her puppets, while ooishi just activated their doubts.)

we can say takano is a insane psycho, because we were able to see her in different worlds, with her dark past.
but each character in their own world would see her simply as a occult freak, with some creepy speech. (and since she is "killed" quite early in each chapter, she is most likely out of suspicion, and she even adds more paranoia to the "future L5" victims)

in any case, the disaster plan is simply a cover to suppress any "syndrom" clue (though it was rather amateur... leaving some occult freaks on the net having pretty solid good points for some inconsistencies (the crater, the uncorroded metal, etc)
and indeed to prevent some questions about how a whole village would disappear/die.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-10-26 at 15:00. Reason: term fixing.