View Single Post
Old 2014-07-11, 13:49   Link #55
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
"Fantastic" or not, killing is wrong.
Contrarily, killing for a reason isn't necessarily wrong. In a war, when you are fighting an opposing enemy to save many people you love, it is a choice rather than a "wrong."

Also, killing a mass murderer who could potentially kill many people at the push of a button isn't wrong either (from my POV).

It depends on why they are doing this. Their motivations seem deep and interesting. They mentioned something about protecting others... and this is what really got me interested. Protecting others, weakness, overcoming weakness, and desensitivity to death/life. It's certainly mysterious to me.

Nothing is ever black and white. The situation could be much more complex than it initially seems anyway... (e.g. if everyone was going to be killed anyway, and 9 & 12 did this to make others aware of it so they could prevent lots of future deaths somehow...)

TBH: After reading/watching To aru series, I stopped believing that any character couldn't be redeemable to me no matter what they did in the past...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote