View Single Post
Old 2014-02-14, 01:54   Link #98
battle22

I've probably seen the Anme for 10 times now. And I gotta say, I really enjoy it every time. Of course, it's only like that because I've read the Visual Novel countless of times. Though, I did like Umineko Anime even before I read the VN.

The biggest problem in my opinion is how it starts. They give you 10 second explanation about who is who, and Umineko's cast is huge. It's easy to miss their names, I bet some people who got into the thing didn't even know Gohda existed until EP3 or something. That is pretty bad, considering we are adapting a mystery novel.

After that, it throws you closed rooms murders one after another, in the Visual Novel, Battler and Beatrice discussed about it every time, you weren't confused, just curious. But in the Anime you can't keep up. And that is annoying. This also led people to believe that Battler was the typical MC "I don't believe, because of my will of fire".

Now the music...Wow, I actually really love it. They did a wonderful job with it, I wish someone would release all of the Anime original ost. Great music directing at least.

Overall, I think they should have made Season 1 with just EP1-3. Each EP getting two more episodes of story would probably have fixed everything. I still hope for Chiru Anime. I really want it But I also want a remake. But seeing as how Umineko franchise is dying down, I'll just be grateful that we are getting the English translated Manga lol (That reminds me, I have to pick up EP3, it already shipped)