View Single Post
Old 2006-04-24, 21:36   Link #82
4Tran

My two cents:

My favorites:
1. Victory - Lots of great moments and lots of bizzare/goofy moments. Easily the most enjoyment I had watching Gundam.
2. Turn A - Superb setting and good character interaction. The ending was a little weak, but it doesn't really detract from the whole.
3. Seed - Plenty of compelling drama marred by some bad writing. I found the characters very appealing.
4. Destiny - Flawed; but it still presented the most interesting ideas in Gundam. It made me think the most, and I like that.

Enjoyable:
5. Mobile Suit Gundam - A solid show; it has one of the best depictions of war in Gundam.
6. Gundam X - I liked the characters, but it doesn't really live up to its setting.
7. Zeta Gundam - A pretty decent show, but it's sort of dragged down by the ending and some of the directorial choices.
8. Gundam Wing - I thought that it was pretty bad, but I still liked it.

Not enjoyable:
9. ZZ Gundam - I didn't mind the beginning, but I hated the ending.
10. G Gundam - A pretty good show, but none of the characters worked for me.

I might as well add the shorter works:
1. 08th MS Team - Good atmosphere overall. The Shattering Mountain episodes were also some of the best episodes in Gundam. I even liked the last episode.
2. 0080 - A very interesting character piece. I especially liked the portrayal of the kids' reactions to the war.
3. Endless Waltz - Better than Wing. Dorothy and her eyebrows make the movie version better than the OVAs.
4. 0083 - Lots of eyecandy, but I don't think it has as much substance as it could have had. Nina Purpleton is my least favorite Gundam character.
5. Char's Counterattack - I didn't buy the ending at all.