Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-14, 07:57   Link #1383
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yet, despite all the backlash they've been taking for their policies, they never thought it'd be a good idea to make this a key note in any presentation. Why is that? There's definitely something about it that they don't want people to look further into, even if it's just that they don't want people doing it like how Sony doesn't make a big deal out of theirs.
Maybe I'm being too much of a conspiracy theorist here, but here is what I think happened:

1. Microsoft thought that the backlash would be sustained until E3, but would dissipate after their presentation of all their cool games (and in fairness, it wasn't a bad presentation). The backlash isn't dissipating, and that concerns Microsoft.

2. I think Microsoft never expected Sony to checkmate them so decisively.

3. So Microsoft is now getting a bit scared. But they can't give in to customer complaints for reason's 4Tran mentioned - It would negate the Kinect benefit.

So what does Microsoft do? They add in this sharing feature to at least throw a bone to us backlashing gamers, and hope its enough to turn the tide a bit. In other words, I doubt this sharing feature was in the initial plan - It's a desperate attempt at damage control. But it probably is "for real".