View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 07:45   Link #780
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

AnoHana and C both had 3.4% (not 3.2%) in their last week.

=> averages of ~2.54% and 2.76% respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Producer Yamamoto also talks about AnoHana reaching out to a broader audience than just otaku (at least it's compared to Madoka) on this scan, but I can't translate it all~
He talked about noitaminA in general reaching out to a broader audience, but noted that, in all likelihood, it's anime fans who are buying the BDs/DVDs. The comparison with Madoka is used as evidence that AnoHana reached a broader audience, because "Madomagi" had lower ratings but is selling way more.

Of course, Madoka was on later in the night, so that's not a particularly fair comparison anyway....

(Yamakan also made the observation that in the period since noitaminA had become a 1 hour slot, AnoHana was the first 2nd half-hour title to achieve higher ratings than it's companion.

And last bit from me from that scan (it's darned hard to read!): out of all noitaminA titles so far, only Nodame and Hakaba Kitarou have really been the talk of the town - i.e. people were discussing them in the train or at the shops. Yamakan feels that AnoHana reached that level too.)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-07-20 at 19:05.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote