View Single Post
Old 2006-01-03, 00:26   Link #163
cloudedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
I believe it to be similar to an attitude test, the combination of genetic traits makes you stronger in some areas while not as strong in other (or maybe the idea is that you don't excel as much in other areas. I don't really know if you actually get weaker in others given that everyone's been genetially manipulated on the coordinator side).

I've heard of the story... It's the one where you have the "coordinator" type and "naturalists" types. Where the "coordinator" types invent machines to take over the labour of earth the "naturalists" believe everyone should revert to an agrarian culture again, and they end up sending the "naturalists" to other planets to be argrarian there?

Because we never got to see the full extent of control which the Destiny Plan entails. My guess control would almost be absolute including population control and population make up (ie. you have X number of people being born within a year and the beak up is n% is workers, y% is doctors and 0% is lawyers)
Ok, let me make this clear... so say your gene score something like:

156 IQ
85/100 Communication Skill
55/100 Analytical Skill
75/100 Eye Hand Coordeination
etc etc etc

How do you translate this result to a profession? There is infinate combination of scores and not everyone of them is mapped to a profession. At some point in the calculation, there will be some "interpretation" that "translate" the score to the end results (your profession)... the problem is can we believe in the translation algorithm? I truely can't see how to do these 4 crucial steps that is the core of Destiny Plan:

1. Quantify A peron's talent/potential/personalities/traits
2. Accurately predict how much of the potential skills will actually be aquired by the person
3. Translate an infinately combination of talent/potential/personalities/traits into a profession that you can prove to be the most suited for the person without subjective interpretation.
------------------------------------
4. and after the first 3 step, still balance the economic of labour supply/demand
i.e. so we have 500 ppl qualify for being a pop star, but we only really need 5, who should we choose? and what should the 495 ppl who get rejected be?
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote