View Single Post
Old 2006-01-03, 01:17   Link #172
Moon Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
lol... researches and sciences are empirical methods that heavily depends on "observations" and statistics

I happened to take a Empirical Study / Statistic Course last term and for anyone who have taken any high level Statistic course they'll understand that when you write a conclusion on any statistics results, it's HIGHLY subjective and often Error Prone and have numerous limitations.

To say that these definations come from researches (which directly translate to sampling a selected small percentage of the entire population) just means to me that this entire plan is a way for the writer of the plan to play god, because he controls the sampling / interpretations of the statistics.

I think it's pretty inarguable that to map a colation between gene and profession, there have to be some subjective interpretation. And whoever that is doing this interpretation (or setting the standard for it) is just simply playing god.

Which is why I see that Lacus choose to fight the Destiny Plan
They had data on the entire population on the entire human race, genetic info an all. You cannot tell me their sample size wasn't big enough.

If you're going to argue the inobjectivity of science you might as well just not argue anything because everything is completely inobjective. Science does not exist because everything in science is based upon the interpretation of data and blah blah blah... There are relative levels of inobjectiveness that are to be expected and accepted but the basis for experimental procedure is that data can be check and recheck by external sources. That tests are reproducable and results are reobtainable using the procedures.

That I can objectively say that a doctor must be intellegent, a surgeon must have good hand eye coordination and control is acceptable. Now if you can even rate the degree of hand eye coordination coupled with acute eye sight, intellegence. blah blah blah... you can start making you template. As you gather more information and analyze data thoroughly your template becomes more and more defined. Theory, hypothesis, testing, revamping of hypothesis...

Lacus offers no better of a solution to the problem. In fact she offers no solution at all. Her lapdog basically says that if anyone apposes them in the future they will fight (great solution...)
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote