View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 21:48   Link #39
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Frankly, I personally find it way to annoying.

Spoiler for With comparison to Fate/stay night and Tsukihime:
I am sure that there are many people who read eroge (like in your examples Tsukihime and FSN) primarily for the story and the characters and not for the ero content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Honestly, I think this is changing, thanks in large part to eroge adaptations.

Eroge adaptations tend to be very harem-esque, and I find that the male leads in them have actually been pretty good, solid, and often entertaining characters.

Steins;Gate's Okabe kind of has a harem. It's easy to forget that due to the sci-fi and drama parts of the show, but the guy really does have several girls crushing on him in various ways. Okabe was the best anime male character of all of 2011, imo.

The Key/KyoAni main male protagonists all have their definite strengths and they even tend to carry the scenes they're in, imo.

Mashiro-iro Symphony's Shingo was the consummate diplomat with real smoothness and finesse, and Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate's Oojima was an awesome politician with a fair number of GAR moments, imo. Hell, Oojima/Shingo would be an US Presidential ticket that I would feel really good about.

If you're tired of classic-style harem anime, then just switch on over to eroge adaptations is what I would strongly encourage.
Unfortunately those kind of main characters are not that common in eroge. Unless you are reading action oriented eroge or nukiges, you are most likely stuck with donkan protagonists.

As for Steins;Gate's harem elements, it was mocked by it's own fandisc Hiyoku Renri no Darling
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote