View Single Post
Old 2008-07-04, 09:25   Link #3089
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Oh my god, I can't believe people can be this blind. What part of becoming Knight of One is not a definite goal? What part of aiming for a protectorate/indirect rule is not a definite goal?

Corruption? So Suzaku having the power to appoint Japanese to rule themselves under his command is worse than having the Black Knights rule Japan? When they also have people like Tamaki in their ranks?

Just because you hate Suzaku doesn't mean he doesn't have a goal. He aims to become the strongest Knight because that is the only path left to him, other than govern Area 11 as Nunnally's knight-advisor. And even if you don't respect him, a lot of people in Code Geass respects him.

Even the Emperor respects the guy. Schneizel and Cornelia too. Even Suzaku's underlings in Area 11 respect him because he is power incarnate.

So don't give me that "he doesn't know what he wants" even if he blatantly announces it in front of us ever since episode 5.

EDIT:

And oh yeah, Suzaku's not trying to abolish the Imperial system, he's trying to make it tolerant of Elevens so that everyone will be equal under the Empire, instead of Britannians just trampling on Elevens' rights.
First of all, I don't think anyone has mentioned anything about corruption so far, least of all Suzaku being corrupt.

Being the Knight of One still doesn't allow the Japanese self rule, where did you get that? It is not an indirect rule because Britannia is still calling the shots, there are boundaries that the Governor General can't cross. Remember, Euphie had do give up her rights to the throne just to set up a tiny area where the Elevens can have equal rights. Which the ruling body of Britannia or the Emperor can dissolve if it suits them. And sure Suzaku would be a more lenient governor then the others but still doesn't change anything, what happens when he is gone?

Suzaku is trying to "change the system from within", he may not be trying to abolish the Imperial system but what he is doing is essentially harder then breaking it apart. He needs more then the authority of the Knight of One to accomplish this, like support from the ruling body and maybe even the power of the Emperor. And yet, Vallen Chaos Valiant summed it up nicely, he has done nothing so far other then say that the Japanese doesn't need Zero because he will become the Knight of One.

Noone is saying Suzaku isn't a respected figure in Code Geass, although I would say that the general public, the people that don't know him personally only really respect the title of Knight of Seven.

He has only said it so far though, I can say I want to work my way up to being a game designer so I can work on my own game, but if I don't have a publisher interested in funding me or much of a concept and planning I wouldn't get very far with it. Yes, he has told us very blatantly that he wishes to be the Knight of One, so how is that going to help the Japanese? What is he going to do to change the system to make it more tolerant of Numbers? What has he accomplished so far?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote