Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-25, 07:34   Link #3023
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I don't think AMF is illegal per se.

Those are banned outright. I think Fate explains that in a StrikerS episode, though I don't remember which one. However, physical weapons were only part of Type IV and, possibly, Type II (the air-to-air missiles).

Only as long as they are actual Lost Logia. Those are to be turned over to the Bureau (see first seasons). I think only Type III were powered by them, however.

I don't think those are illegal per se, either...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
How about their lasers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I am not sure those are not magical...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Well, I suppose there are surprisingly few examples of weapons on inspection. Not a lot of vehicle-mounted weapons or artillery, though we don't see an awful lot of vehicles, period. Most mages use their own power via a device when it comes to personal combat. But consider what we do see: Precia's robots and the target drones on the training course do use magic attacks. And practically everything that's worth defending to somebody has a barrier. Heck, all of the tech in this era is magic-powered, and they don't have mages running on hamster wheels for that. You could go the distopian, Matrixesque route of saying they having mages hooked up in series inside their generators, but I ain't reading that fic.

So why not let drones shoot magic lasers? Frankly, there's no accounting for Spagghetti's demented tastes, so it could be either sort of weapon, but the drones are magical. They kinda need to be to generate AMF, which is just another type of magic barrier. (StrikerS manga chapter 2, page 10)
Let me explain the purpose of my main question: Why were Gadget Drones illegal?