Thread: Crunchyroll Choyaku Hyakuninisshu : Uta Koi.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-22, 07:51   Link #4
Kunagisa

Adding some more info~!

Anime PV

Manga PVs (very highly suggest checking out for the amazing music)
Spoiler for 3 of them:

That's a pretty impressive staff list for josei lovers, if 3gatsu no Lion ever get an anime, I wouldn't mind this (barring character designer). As for what's Hyakunin Isshu, here's the wiki exerpt:
Quote:
Hyakunin isshu (百人一首?) is a traditional anthology style of compiling Japanese waka poetry where each contributor writes one poem for the anthology. Literally, it translates to "one hundred people, one poem [each]". It also refers to the card game of uta-garuta, which uses a deck composed of poems from one such anthology. (link)
Base on the promo material and title, I expect epic music and light-hearted romance with slices of comedy. Summer's looking even better than Spring for me at the moment.

---

2ch leaked cast, looks somewhat believable (the person leaked several things that at least one was confirmed from Newtype elsewhere).Confirmed!

Quote:
藤原定家梶裕貴
在原業平諏訪部順一
藤原高子/Fujiwara no Takaiko:早見沙織
小野小町遠藤綾
良岑宗貞/Yoshimine no Munesada:内田夕夜
文屋康秀千葉進歩
Looks like pretty solid cast. While conventional wisdom seems to indicate that Natsuyuki Rendez-vous would be the josei of the season, but this seems to be more on my wavelength~~~ I'm still not too convinced that the character designer's a good fit, so still very much anticipating on the music composer.

---

Finally took a look at the manga, got even more interested.

---

Website updated!!!

Music composers are Mitsuda Yasunori and Kirioka Maki; both are prolific video game music composers. Sound director is Motoyama Satoshi, who has done few series that I like quite a bit (most recently Brave 10 and Symphogear). I think Mitsuda is huge for Chrono Trigger fame, but I have only ever bought 3-5 games in my life so ... EITHER WAY, officially as hyped as a monkey drinking banana coffee now!

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-05-09 at 12:20.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote