View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 05:31   Link #10
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

It's for episodes like this that I continue watching Shinsekai Yori. Although I felt a few things were clunky and a little confusing overall I thought it was a great episode. I even thought the animation was fairly decent this time--especially the new ending. Maria's song may be a bit odd, but the visuals are on par with the first ending (in my opinion, at least). I have a feeling the context will make more sense in the coming episodes.

Yakomaru sure does like his wardrobe changes, doesn't he? I half expect him to show up in gold armor á la Gilgamesh from Fate/stay night before the end. Oh, and I love the fact that the queerats have to fill out paper for absolutely everything. Need to sneeze? Fill out a form. Want to sing a song? Fill out a form. Want to ambush your enemies? Fill out a form.

My one complaint is that the music used during the bakenezumi battle sequence was very odd. It didn't fit the atmosphere at all.

I've been completely spoiled as to what happens in the novel so I'm eagerly looking forward to next week.