Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 12:01   Link #380
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That reminds me. Back when Nishida defeated Taichi and Taichi blamed it on luck - we all agreed it was a low point for him. But he eventually concluded that he lost because he lacked the skill to not win earlier. And all was made better For the more forgiving of us, anyway.

Now, all the women that came with Harada blamed bad luck. And even Harada said that Taichi's refusal to blame luck was holding him back.

So what are we supposed to think?
Could it just be that depending on the circumstance Taichi and we the viewers should look at things differently.

Even against Nishida, Taichi is a very good player. We all know that last card was down to luck but I think it was not wrong of Taichi or us to realize that if I had played better earlier it would not have come down to luck. I think in that case it wasn't just that Taichi was questioning his own skill, but wasn't he questioning Nishida's skill as well? Wasn't he saying that Nishida only won because of luck? That was truly unfair to Nishida

However in other circumstances if Taichi is going to continue to doubt himself and his own skill then this isn't a good thing either. I think Harada is saying that Taichi definitely has not just effort but skill as well. It might very well be that as Harada and as those women say that Taichi just isn't in Class A because of "bad luck" but I don't think the message is that luck is the main factor here, I think the message is Taichi has to believe in himself. Even if Taichi loses that it isn't only because he didn't put in enough effort or he just doesn't have the skills. That just isn't true. Taichi might no longer run away from losing but he still needs to believe in himself. He's a great player like the others, he just hasn't had his Class A moment yet but it's not because he isn't good enough.