View Single Post
Old 2008-04-22, 01:02   Link #231
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Lancelot did things on its own last I recall, at least according to the conversation from Schniezel so he wasn't exactly 'inserted' by Britannia. And if he manages to pawn off an entire company of Panzers in short order I wouldn't think it a stretch for Suzaku to have overcome any Ariel resistance put up by the EU with relative ease
One thing we have to remember is that Knightmares are not perpetual machines. Even the all-mighty Lancelot need recharge after a long battle. Another factor is that troops in Europe can re-occupy areas Lancelot cleared out immediately after Suzaku leaves.

With these in mind, it can explain why Europe could still hold out. Individual Super-units can perform pin-point strikes, but you can't use them to hold territory. As long as Europeans keep tab of where all the super-KMs are in the battlefield, they can organize troop movements around them.
And it is assumed that Britannia doesn't have as many traditional troops as it could have in the battle, because they need to maintain military presence in all the Areas they hold. While on the other hand Europe is united and able to focus absolutely everything on their Western Front.

Another point, is that Knightmare pilots HAVE to be pure Britannian (with Suzaku being the first exception). Thus they might have Area populations as grunt footsoldiers, but their own social code restricts mass recruiting of mecha pilots.
(This is slightly balanced by the fact that civilian Britannians view Knighthood as a means to escape poverty. But one would assume there are strict criterias because being a Knight is one step closer to being a noble, and existing nobles are not known to encourage social advancement. Lulu's mother is one such example of someone who is looked down upon by others.)

All things concerned, it isn't surprising that EU has numeral superiority and as such could absorb the losses they incur in defence.