View Single Post
Old 2012-01-23, 00:33   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Incompetent King has Gone Mad

Anti-climatic, that's how I should describe this episode.

The moment Josef starts to narrate his life's story of failures and not keeping up to his little brother, then that was the moment his Dead End flag was raised, and just when I thought they did a pretty good job with those cool, action background music scores, and those cool Saito fights.

Saito was even given by Julio a pistol to bring up in a sword fight against Josef.

But, the most dense delivery came from Tabitha, and she had more than just reasons to take revenge against Josef for good. Louise wished for Tabitha not to sully herself with Josef's blood, but Saito did not want to meddle with Tabitha's choice if only that he'll be respecting whatever decision she would had chosen.

Tabitha, after some pressing moral issues and against her instincts, chooses to spare Josef in exchange that he'll be indicted by Romalia's criminal court.

Sheffield, loyal to her master until the very end, refused, and what follows became history in a blaze of hell.

Spoiler:

I can hardly picture how things are going to turn out with both Josef and Sheffield gone, since for two previous seasons they masterminded all the political traps to plunge the other countries into open war.

So, what's in store left for Louise and Saito in another 9 episodes left for the grand finalé. Hope that they won't be killing this season with fillers after fillers after fillers after more fillers.

One or two are enough to make sense, but the rest must be spent on a good plot, however, this season might suffer or not from bad scriptwriters.