View Single Post
Old 2012-01-06, 09:22   Link #485
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
Where exactly did you get your source stating Kara no Kyoukai BD boxset sold 60k? I only know that it sold up to 25,000 copies from its first week sales (Link) and the last known total sales for that boxset was 26,907 (Link), unless you're confusing it with the average sales for the LE JP DVD release of each movie?

EDIT: I may have seem to misread it a little, I think you meant it was below 60k? Still, 27k is nowhere near the range of below 60k, under 30k would be better.
The Blu-Rays are the figure you're quoting. There was a Limited Edition release in DVD format that was nearly 40k from memory. That's how you get your 60k. The reason you wouldn't have seen them on the annual lists you linked were because Oricon didn't list the DVD list much beyond that Gundam UC #3 amount. There was a list a lot earlier in the year that would have Garden of Sinners's DVD sales.

Yes, a lot of titles don't sell much on DVD anymore but some do and it's worth looking out for them. Gintama is DVD only but still has good sales. Hatsukoi and Durarara also had a lot of sales in DVD.