View Single Post
Old 2013-04-15, 00:55   Link #6299
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
That was sure the case here...right? The whole crying like hell after he failed to save Fllay was just guilt right?

Oh boy, monstert (Yes I'm still calling you that because you obviously haven't put anything either I or Eidolon have said in your mind).

So you're calling Kira a weak character because he cannot accept the 'baggage' that Fllay has? If anything those experiences, coupled with both parties' willingness to overlook them and start anew gives a better case for them if Fllay survives.

and What baggage are you talking about? Fllay has no Shadowy organization that has access to mobile suits and are a major stakeholder in the wars, Oh and by the way... isn't Lacus being targetted for assassination as much baggage?

To even add better: Kira and Fllay working out was by far the best for the setting. Saying that Kira's guilt will overcome his love for her is kind of silly and short-sighted. If anything, them not being together shoves in the thought that Coordinators and Naturals will never understand each other. Add in the fact that they gutted Cagalli and Athrun's relationship, that even if they are still together by Destiny's end, the relationship's meaning and weight for the whole conflict, is ruined
Between Kira/Fllay and Athrun/Cagalli, I would have taken Athrun/Cagalli for another reason was that both had done time in combat. And doesn't combat at times form the strongest form of brotherhood as they have worked together and all that (this was due to watching movies such as Black Hawk Down and the like). That makes SEED Destiny and what they did to Cagalli there even more tragic and idiotic.

And as for Kira/Lacus well the disastrously botched way the relationship played out is even more hurt that it followed on the heels of another Sunrise series called Crest of the Stars and the way that the romance between the two main characters is played was done far better there. If they were trying to do the same thing with Kira/Lacus, then they failed disastrously.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote