View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 19:08   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Gee I wonder why. Imagine how much someone would tone it down from manga to anime. Then it would be greater uproar.

Even though I wish it would be made into a anime.

I don't want to make reference to this anime since it was well I won't say (since it's all negative). But, maybe the studio that did School Days?
The overall mood of the Kiss x sis is pretty light hearted and that's the element which works against this title having its own anime counterpart in my humble opinion. I wasn't able to go beyond the second episode of School Days just because I became too disgusted with the characters (especially the females), so I've no idea if the show explored the incest theme down the line. Even if it did, I bet it wasn't anything light hearted. There is another show with the incestual theme which I've really enjoyed, called Koi Kaze. And guess what, that shows primary concern was to demonstrate how relationship between siblings can go haywire in so many ways in most societies. The consequence is just too harsh.

Kiss x Sis doesn't seem to be working toward that kind of a bad consequence by developing this taboo of a relationship. You know there is no subject of taboo when their mother is cheering the sisters from the sideline as well.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote