Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 23:09   Link #17245
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I dunno, seem masturbatory and may be open to racial profiling.

But isn't this happening already in other places, just in a different capacity?

Place like Tennessee should probably be worried more about drug smuggling and meth labs though I'd think.
Agreed.
There is the potential for serious abuse here by an agency with a record that is already tarnished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Would AQ know where Tennessee is?

Does the avg American know where Tennessee is?

It's that long one thar on da coost lyne nex ta Kuntuckey.

I know...I'm a punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Hehe, Stasi 2.0, well at least they use some of the Stasi-tactics. From there it is only a small step to a real Stasi-equivalent.

Oh, hysteria and squealers... in Tennesee your dreams come true.
Stasi seems like a very appropriate way to describe the TSA.
Or the NKVD, considering the article suggests that all motorists need to "report all suspicious activity."

Yeah, half the people on the road can barely change lanes without hitting one another and they're going to "spot" anything?

America is becoming the "home of the meek, land of the slaves" very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Troubling is the nicest thing I'd say about it.... more like this will be used for everything BUT any actual terrorism. Waste of money ..... like the above says, money that could have been spent on education, getting rid of meth labs, helping small business, etc.
Agreed.
It's just another in a long line of police state apparatus that started back with Nixon and his "war on drugs."
Republican or Democrat, it doesn't matter anymore.
The industrial complex has its meat-hooks into both parties, and they keep blaming "capitalism" for it.
I hope there is a god, because we as a society don't seem like we're going to turn this speeding locomotive around before we reach the cliff.

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2011-10-22 at 23:34.