View Single Post
Old 2012-08-18, 14:36   Link #1927
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The term (Gary Stu or whatever) doesn't really matter. People usually use that term for lack of a better one to name whatever they're concerned about. I don't see the point in arguing whether they're using it properly or not when what's matter is whatever criticism they might have on the character.

And although I wouldn't use that term myself, I do have some issues with Kirito's characterization. No, not only Kirito, but how Kawahara handle characters in general actually.
What's wrong with Kirito's characterization, I'm curious? I rather like SAO characters, though I admit there is something in them that I dislike, I just can't put my finger on it. I definitely don't like AW characters (I just want to jab porky in the eye for no particular reason), so you're probably right on it being a Kawahara thing. I wish I could put my finger on it, though.

And when did the term "Gary Stu" come up? I had to google it because I thought I missed something, but it seems to be some idiotic phrase I've never heard of before seeing it in this thread.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote