View Single Post
Old 2006-01-08, 11:44   Link #296
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
Likewise, it's really unfair to blame the fans for not liking Destiny. Everybody likes different things, and if people don't like Destiny, then it's their own perogative. It would be nice if they explained why they felt that way, but that's not really necessary either.
Well, that's why this thread was created...

Quote:
Having said that, it's nice to see that someone else can recognize the unGundamness of Destiny. I think that's it's less of the Gundam archetype than even Turn A and G Gundam. I think that it would have been a much better show if it was completely divorced from Gundam (I think the same way about Turn A).
It was unGundam because of the way it treated its "main character"?

And because they made Gundams into less than Gundams (by whuch Mr Paper pointed out, they made Gundams like everybody's entitled to have one just because they're characters in the story even if it doesn't make sense tha they should have these Gundams)?

Quote:
As to the topic at hand, I don't know if it's really fair to say that Destiny fail in the first place. What should we use as the criteria for determining failure and success? Should it be popularity, financial success, the feelings of the creators, artistic vision, or a combination of these factors? How would Destiny stack up here against other Gundam shows?
A combination of these factors, and then some. That's the reason why they created anime in the first place, right? Celebrating artistic vision, creativity, + feelings of the directors put in (especially if it's a manga to anime version; that is also why there are certain things in the anime version different from the manga version) and the feelings of its creators, etc., etc. How fans feel about it is also a way to gauge its success.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote