View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 23:29   Link #177
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I'm reaching a point where I'm aware that I'm dying too much pointlessly generally due to being out of position, overextending, or being underleveled. Are there some general tips that people use? I notice that with many games, there will be two or three of us who have the same high amount of deaths, and one or two people with decent kills and assists but half the deaths.

Also, does it make a difference that this generally happens to me when I'm using tanks like Rammus? I tend to try to save people a lot.
As long as your (assist + kill) : death ratio is 1.5:1, and your team is winning, it's fine. Although there are many thing you need to watch out for when playing Rammus, and they are:

- Only run in if you know people behind you can catch up with you, otherwise you just give another 300 golds for your opponent.
- Only save anyone that worth saving, and make sure that if you try to save him/her, only one of you die, not both.
- Farm when there is no ganking. Don't let yourself be underlevel. Your ult has short cooldown, so use it to push back creep wave with more than 10 of them. You shouldn't be more than 3 level lower than the highest level one of your team.
- Communicate. Ping when you are going to jump in.
- Positioning....well, I'm not sure I can give any advice for Rammus about positioning, since it's pretty much "must be in the center of the fight", and don't use your taunt on enemy carry, but their support/caster instead.
- Pray that your teammates are not idiot, because the tank's job is taking hit and dying.

Don't worry about k/d ratio much. As I was playing Revive Pantheon, my dead count is always the highest of my team . It's your effectiveness for your team that matters.