View Single Post
Old 2009-05-22, 09:15   Link #146
itisjustme

Time flies faster the older you get or so it seems like. Just the other day I was talking about the Barcelona olympics with a colleague and went, crap, has it really been over 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
As some have noted in the Haruhi forums, KyoAni and Kadokawa virtually had a PR coup. How much advertising was actually done by the audience through viral means or word of mouth? Also, how much did the companies themselves spend on promoting the second season? Magnificent guys we have here.
In retrospect it makes sense, as the core Haruhi fanbase seems rather erm, fanatical, and they probably judged that they weren't going to attract a much larger public with a season two, so they must have judged this kind of marketing to be enough. By the same token it doesn't matter anymore if there's a slight decrease in quality (or so I perceived) despite being 3 years later or the disappearance of the dance dance ED (which is the one thing I truly admired in Haruhi together with the ep 12 concert animation) Plus there's enough time for ads now the cat's out the bag for people who weren't paying attention.

Good planning/execution, but it's not something that'll work well with something else, although the studio itself is building a rather cult followership so who knows...