View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 22:15   Link #408
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If you mean anime only yes, but manga then is a big NO, I find Mamoru far better in the manga
Yeah, me too. He's way more affectionate with her than he is in the anime. Sometimes it feels almost like he treats her like his little sister in the anime. o_o

The manga was also better in how Usagi and Mamoru's romance was executed. They began to fall BEFORE finding out each other's identities, whereas in the anime it was " I hate you! What? Omg, you were THAT person the whole time!? Now I LOVE you!"

.......I didn't really like.....that. And Chiibi FEEDS on anime romance. Totally lives for it. But it's definitely not one of the Sailormoon anime's stronger points concerning how it was brought to fruition. It felt a little forced and not genuine. Don't get me wrong-their whole past life thing together WAS very lovely and romantic. But.......the manga did a better job showing that they loved each other as normal kids instead of "because I had a crush on your OTHER identity". Princess Tutu and Kaitou St. Tail on the other hand, were great for tackling this exact issue; it bothered Ahiru and Meimi a great deal that their crushes only seemed to like their magical identities. Especially Meimi.

MamoruxUsagi wasn't ever a strong ship of mine. To be honest, I loved her with male!Seiya in Stars. Because they were teens doing normal teenager things and coming to like each other just from that. It was very cute!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-10-25 at 22:51.