View Single Post
Old 2010-06-26, 22:41   Link #1278
Attoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Okay so what about my waifu when she gains her wings? Are they referring to a contradiction which people actually do respect and look up to?

In the last episode, it seems that she does have a zealous nature (pun unintended) when it comes to friendship, making her more ordinary than not. And somehow, she helps to free others from their ties to their previous life, so she represents something like......the wings of liberty? (Again, pun unintended.)
I always thought Kanade created her wings based on Yuzuru request to make her look more angelic, and the director's attempt to increase her moe level.

Kanade was always enthusiastic about about friendship. She just didn't know how to create ties with other people. It doesn't matter if you cared deeply about friendship, if you cannot even make friends in the first place. It is only when Yuzuru befriended her, and help her create ties with the other members of the SSS does she start to show a more friendly and caring side.

She can represent the wings of liberty. As a matter of fact, many of the characters can represent something different than what i have posted because of subjectivity. I chose what the character best represented for me in relation to what I think the show is trying tell the viewers.
Attoney is offline   Reply With Quote