View Single Post
Old 2011-03-11, 09:16   Link #22306
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I actually do question the bomb thing, because it's absolutely absurd without some rational explanation.

I don't think you really get where I'm going with any of this, and there's really no point shouting at each other over it because he intentionally or unintentionally left this vague. You're pretty much falling over yourself to "demonstrate" things which you don't actually know because there are gaps in the information. Within these gaps, speculation can exist. If he didn't want people questioning these things, he should have provided more definitive evidence. Secondhand sources within the narrative are inherently untrustworthy.

As to other survivors, I'm under no obligation to speculate how they would have escaped because Ryukishi has clearly indicated he's willing to conjure up escape routes and boats on a whim. Maybe Beatrice rescued Eva. Maybe she found a second boat. Maybe she hung out underground until Kawabata swung by to pick her up. Maybe she really was a witch and teleported off the island with magic. It's not relevant how so long as it's possible, and frankly the only person it's even implausible for is Maria. That's a door he opened all by his lonesome, so don't come crying to me.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote