Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-04, 20:21   Link #10105
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Eh, where I am, other then a few card shops, there isn't usually much hubbub over Valentines day. Hallmark Holiday and all that.

Also, telling someone "you shouldn't feel bad about what you feel bad about because it's nothing compared to what others go through" doesn't really help much, if anything, it only makes them feel worse.

Now, not only can they hate themselves for the original thing, but they on top of that they can hate themselves for being an undeserving depressed drama queen. Not pretty.
Actually, when I said that I have gone through worse, I didnt mean to say that this isnt the reason why other shouldnt feel bad. What I meant to express is, that I understand what it is like.

And my point was, that even though I have gone through worse, I still didnt complain and others shouldnt either. It is perfectly normal to desire to be in fullfilling relationship and to have somebody to love to.... sure. But it is not normal to whine and drown in self pity. If you are distasisfied, go and do something about it, but for god sake dont make other people enjoying valentines feel like its their fault that you are single and unhappy.

Last edited by warita; 2012-02-04 at 20:38.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote