View Single Post
Old 2006-04-05, 07:07   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

The best part of this episode was definitely the first half. YURIVISION is still a plot device, but it's one that's being used really well. But both the plot and drama are working fairly well, and a lot of credit for making both those elements have impact has to go to the really good use of music.

The second half, I didn't enjoy as much. I thought the explanation for the alien presence was totally stupid. Yes, I realize this entire show is built on plot devices, but that particular one was by far the silliest. I didn't really appreciate Ayuki's flower metaphor either... it may have been a clever metaphor, but it's a clever metaphor for a cliche.

The confrontation at the end was an interesting scene, but it lacked the dramatic weight and tension of the controntation at the beginning of the episode.
Spoiler:
This is, in my opinion, by far the strongest feature of Kashimashi's story to date: it's been anything but predictable.

On a slightly different note, the art is still great, but the animation seems to have gone downhill. A bit of discreet corner cutting, I suspect.