View Single Post
Old 2006-09-10, 11:55   Link #87
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos
I'm 8 hours into it, and I just can't seem to find out why people are so quick to dismiss this game.
That's why. Don't get me wrong though, I love the game. The battle system's fantastic all the way through - it's the only game in years (since, er, Grandia 2 actually) that I beat every enemy in every dungeon except the last and went around hunting items when it was safe and cleared. Flying the airship's fun too, and the graphics are gorgeous. You'll enjoy playing it, and I'd still recommend it to anyone, but what hurts it is the story later. Let's just say your party will undergo some changes and from then on it starts to slowly drop in quality. The villains are underdeveloped to say the very least (worse than that, really) and certain other characters that had potential are really badly neglected.

You'll enjoy it for sure even later on, even if only for the gameplay, but it could've been so much more. Plus Alfina's even more annoying than Elena from 2, and that's saying something. The further into the game you go the more you'll want to stab her in the head.

Oh, and cheers for the summary of ICO arias I'll have to pick it up sometime, still got about 4 games on the go right now >_>
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote