View Single Post
Old 2012-05-15, 09:15   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Finished reading up to the latest translation- Only Kamachi would write a mecha story, yet not make the MC a pilot of said mecha, but still have him destroy them like a boss

The first [Heavy Object] volume came out by the end of 2009, around that time Index had it's first 'war' arc, I seeing some resemblance in the faster paced, larger scale conflict in both of them. In Heavy Object's case it's more streamlined, that is to say the bulk of each chapter, probably 80% is purely delegated to the conflict at hand, and every new chapter jumps to a different conflict in a different setting making it seem episodic. For now this is fine, it's all introductory.

(Does anyone get the feeling he love introducing his settings and crazy ideas more than characters )

The remaining 20% is that good old Kamachi-style wackiness, epic tsukkomi lines, and romcom scenes The greatest WTF moment so far has to be the baby penguin intervention in the middle of the gunfight The two MC, Quenser in particular, is really worthy of carrying on the philosophy of 'Fukoda', both in landing themselves in to trouble and getting involved with troublesome girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Edit: vol2 chap1 is finished. We have confirmation that Hevia is in a Romeo/Juliet-esque relationship with the girl. Yay!
That was a pleasant surprise, from the way he was sexually harrassing Floryietta all the time, you wouldn't think Heivia to be the romantic type

Quenser on the other hand... Just doesn't quite get it

Quote:
Heivia: “Oh, did you receive an email from the princess like usual?”

Quenser: “Yeah, but I also got one from that ‘oh ho ho’ of the Information Alliance. How did she get my address? Did I get marked by their spies for trying to ask about their Object?”

Heivia: “Perk up. This could be the start of history’s first lover’s quarrel that involves Objects.”

Quenser: ?”

P.S - I know I said I would read the story first even if it's in Chinese, but between Heavy Object, Mahouka and Rental Magica, you would think I'm just trying torture myself mentally or something Why can't I just love the simple ones...?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote