View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 00:03   Link #20
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allium View Post
Looks like we're going to get some sort of climax in Ep 16, which Urobuchi referred to in a tweet as a 'masterpiece.' Well, I definitely can't wait to see that 'masterpiece!'
Well great now this next week of waiting will be twice as painful. But it makes sense given that last week's episode and this one, as entertaining as they were, were essentially all build up to what should be a major game changer next week. And, of course, that episode 1 prologue is going to happen much sooner than most of us probably expected. Which is fine by me since it probably means we'll get more than one Kougami and Makishima confrontation (I highly doubt there'll be some secret final boss behind the latter).

I worry for Kagari since a very much supporting character like him being the only one alongside the hero and heroine in a confrontation with the main antagonist is usually bad news for such characters. Of course, Gen doesn't usually kill characters before they've had a chance to tell their story, but it's become increasingly apparent to me that Psycho-Pass is more concerned with the plot and expressing its themes and social commentary than it is with the characters, so I don't expect every member of the team to be able to develop all that much anymore.

But that's fine since Makishima alone makes up for the relatively underdeveloped protagonists, though Gu Seung is becoming a rather interesting fellow himself. I rather enjoyed how accurately and succinctly he described how some of us view the population of Sybil: "Those who are perfectly happy entrusting everything in their lives to some nonsense like that are the ones who're crazy." The two play off each other very well, and their conversations in this episode were as absorbing and intriguing as Urobuchi dialogue gets. And more than ever before it seems to me as if this whole ordeal is a means of soul-searching for Makishima. Definitely looking forward to seeing if and what he finds beyond all this destruction.